Top 10 reasons to savor the single life 44/73

I've never been married, though I've had a couple of relationships that could be seen as marriage. I think I will always prefer the single life.
I love my independence. To be able to go or buy or have time to think for myself is so stress-relieving.
Not having to share my bed is one of the many thing I like about being alone.
I enjoy the pleasure of eating my meals, while reading a good book or on the computer.
I don't want to have to justify myself each time I decide to feed every stray animal that comes on the property.
My house is set up the way I want it and when I want to build a new piece on, it is my choice.
I love not having to repeat myself or listen to the same complaints everyday.
I enjoy being selfish with my time. Giving time to friends, volunteering in the community or just having the time for someone whom I wasn't expecting, and not feeling guilty about it.
I enjoy going shopping and not having to justify the money spent, or the money not spent if I choose only to window shop.
I enjoy the pride I have being able and capable of doing a man's job, without a man to supervise me.
My solitude is so very important to me.
Perhaps I'm selfish because I don't want to share my time or maybe I'm just plain strange, but I don't want someone in my life who tries to control me.

Lauren said... said:

December 7, 2007 at 11:37 AM  

Wow, you read my mind! I had no clue that someone else could put it in the words that I feel. I totally do understand.