What to do with grass cuttings 7/8

A few years ago, I collected my grass cuttings all one season and put them in beds surrounded by tight alder branch fences, about one foot high. In the spring, I planted strawberry plants directly on the cuttings, with only a handful of soil from the garden, to cover the bare roots.

For the next five years, the strawberry beds produced the largest, most flavorful and most abundant fruit imaginable and I never had to weed the beds. The neighbors were coming for miles for the treat which I gratefully gave away.

I never heard of it, before making the beds and I don't know where the idea came from, but if you think about it, it makes sense. The cuttings not only fed the strawberries but also kept the weeds at bay, until the strawberries grew so thick, that they kept out any weeds that tried to grow.